- Ensure the smooth running of accommodation facilities, including the safety and well-being of guests, tenants and residents.
- Develop and build positive relationships with residents, tenants and guests
- Communicate and manage reception services to coordinate and plan the allocation of accommodation.
- Liaise with other departments within the organizations and relevant external agencies
- Manage the help desk and arrange for repairs and maintenance of the facilities
- Inspect the accommodation to ensure that hygiene and health and safety regulations are met, carrying out risk assessments as necessary
- Supervise the work of cleaning& laundry staff and ensure standards are maintained
- Make sure adequate security for the building is provided
- Conduct departmental induction for all new employees, on-the-job and continuous training of all existing employees.
- Ensure daily attendance of all staff, report any absenteeism on attendance sheet and make any necessary staffing adjustments to ensure all work is completed within time and without hindrance.
- Conduct daily inspections of housekeeping and laundry processing standards, in accordance with company policy and carry out corrective actions immediately, submitting completed checklists to the Site Manager.
- Conduct and record weekly/monthly inventories of departmental consumables such as office supplies, cleaning chemicals, materials and equipment.
- Prepare the performance appraisals of all subordinate staff in accordance with company policy and timeframes.
- Perform other tasks which may be assigned from time to time by a senior manager as the need arises. e.g. Party set up & supervision, staff party or best employees ceremony.
- Maintain a professional and pleasant working relationship with all superiors, peers and Client personnel at all times and comply with all Aden Services core values, policies and procedures.
- Report all incidents of insubordination or improper conduct to the Site Manager immediately and conduct/impose any necessary approved disciplinary action in accordance with national labor law, employee contract and company policy.
- Ensure all staff is wearing the correct uniform, safety shoes and any necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the task, it is all in good clean condition, and damaged PPE is replaced immediately and reported to the Project Manager.
- Completes any safety reports and/or observations in a timely manner as instructed by the Quality, Health, Safety Environment (QHSE) Manager.
- Conduct departmental Toolbox Talks with staff, daily and as necessary, obtain signatures from all attendees and submit records to QHSE Manger.
- Maintain and audit corporate Total Quality Management SOPs and systems at assigned site.
- To ensure the operations of Reception, Housekeeping, Laundry & Gardening operating accordance to QHSE policies and standards of the company.
- To ensure consistent continual improvement scheduling in implemented and follow-up of staff training, records to be kept for each team member.
- Maintain open communication with clients for all major issues and concerns, ensuring good relations with the customer and implement corrective actions to resolve issues.
- Regular audit HSE practices at each working areas, to include, guest house, bachelor rooms, family houses, common area, offices, common bathrooms, dining rooms, accommodations, laundry, workshop areas, site grounds, etc.
- Ensure all staff maintains high personal hygiene and the uniform standard set by the company, good health check for each staff, make the personal data folder in camp office.
- Ensure consistent scheduling of the daily operations.
- Implement emergency planning and organize the backup groups with clients.
- Cooperate with client; on joint inspection.
- Ensure that all used chemicals have their specific MSDS translated to Local Language.
- Ensures daily cost targets for chemicals, disposables, and small equipment set by management are respected.
- Assist HR management and advise field staff recruitment, staff interview, staff monthly appraisal.
- Oversee the Fleet pool and manage the logistic schedule for staff and supply transportation.
- Control daily gasoline consumption for vehicles and machines by keeping accurate records
- Monthly records for big cleaning, Maid services invoicing.
- Implement Rosters, staff attendance systems for housekeeping, gardening, security staff.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), and Chinese language will be advantageous
- Strong organization, leadership, people management and team building skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with integrated Quality Management Systems (QMS) preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical thinker with numeracy skills
- An excellent communicator, able to work with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Excellent customer service skills and strong customer focus
- Quality assurance and control experience
- An attention to detail and enforcing high standards
- Ability to accurately complete all documentation and paperwork effectively and efficiently
- Implement and maintain a paper-trail and filing system for internal auditing purposes
- Ability to understand and develop general work flow processes, procedures and systems
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions at a high professional standard
- Deal with emergency situations in accordance with Company and Client policies and procedures.
- Models high standards of performance and behavior
- Able to develop team commitment and co-operation, encouraging and promoting team performance
- “Leads by example” with excellent leadership qualities, influential and a proficient decision maker
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Hospitality (or equivalent) Degree/Diploma
- 5-10 years experience in the hospitality industry and/or remote sites with management/supervision experience in Reception, Houskeeping and Laundry
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Accomodation Services Manager in the subject line. We will treat your application with confidentiality.