- TheExecutive Chef must management multiple food and beverage outlets in an international setting. Must be experienced in starting up new operations implementing innovative concepts and themes.
- Must be able to manage work flow in institutional catering formats such as schools, hospitals, factories, as well as traditional Restaurants, cafes, and hotel type venues.
- Specializing in Western, South East Asian and local cuisines, the Executive Chef must develop all standardized recipes for all menu items and oversee all production and preparation of Food & Beverage products to ensure the very best in taste and quality of product for our guests.
- Must maintain a “hands on” approach, the Manager is to be involved, in all areas of the operation, and active part of the preparation of each product served, and is to ensure “only” the highest quality product is presented to the client.
- Ensure that Food Safe Practices are strictly adhered to in order that all products served is of the highest quality.
- Develop and introduce the “first in and first out system” for product rotation with a color-coded label system.
- Assist team in cleaning duties of kitchen and dishwashing needs, in addition to daily duties.
- Is responsible to ensure that consistent training methods are used and implement an effective apprenticeship program, to train all interested candidates to achieve success in the culinary field, by rotating students and cross training as per the national apprenticeship requirements.
- Must lead team by example and keep a positive atmosphere with in the kitchen at all times.
- Is responsible to communicate all maintenance concerns and issue work orders to the client’s maintenance team.
- Must have a complete understanding of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food service areas of operation, and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products. One must have a complete understanding of WHIMIS and the Hazard Identification Program and apply this knowledge in your day-to-day work.
- Must use as required P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment) where necessary (cut resistant gloves, masks etc.). All employees must supply their own C.S.A. approved NON-SLIP footwear and C.S.A. approved Steel toed boots where required for the position. ADEN Services will provide certain P.P.E. which must be worn as instructed in all areas and environments where required, (such has Safety Goggles and rubber gloves). All employees have the right and the duty to refuse and not participate in any unsafe work practices.
- To ensure the catering venues of each site are operating accordance to QHSE policies and standards of the company.
- Must ensure regular quality checks and audits are performed.
- To ensure that the right amount of products and the correct equipment are used for the activities.
- Ensure high level of personal hygiene and follow the uniform standard set by the company, good health check for each staff, maintain the personal data folder in camp office.
- Assist project manager with emergency planning.
- Cooperate with client; make the EHS audit and monthly health check.
- It is forbidden to use or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol on any project site, all employees are subject to prescreening, random testing and post incident testing. Test failure at any stage will result in removal from site.
- Manage effective communication with clients, staff and ADEN senior management.
- Assist HR management and advise staff, scheduling, recruitment, staff interview, staff monthly appraisal.
- Implement train programs for the new staff in order to make them operational ready as soon as possible (set up training policies)
- Regularly attends Team Meetings.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Fluent English (required) Chinese advantageous
- Experience with training and development.
- Experienced in industrial high volume, collective catering, hospital, prisons, military DFACs.
- Extensive knowledge of Hygiene, Food Safety and Quality Service controls particularly HACCP principals.
- Able to lead a team and perform under pressure.
- High volume staff management (minimum of 100 pax)
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Diploma/Certicate in Culinary Arts, Chef Certification or Equivelant
- 5+ years experience as an Executive Chef in a high volume facility
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com with Executive Chef in the subject line. We will treat your application with confidentiality.