- The Food and Beverage Manager must management multiple food and beverage outlets in an international setting. Must be experienced in starting up new operations implementing innovative concepts and themes.
- Must be able to manage work flow in institutional catering formats such as schools, hospitals, factories, as well as traditional Restaurants, cafes, and hotel type venues.
- Must maintain a “hands on” approach, the Manager is to be involved, in all areas of the operation, and active part of the preparation of each product served, and is to ensure “only” the highest quality product is presented to the client.
- Create welcoming atmosphere for guests in the club and organize events to raise morale.
- Ensure that Bartenders, hostesses, waitress/waiter training is completed according to international standards.
- Ensure that Food Safe Practices are strictly adhered to in order that all products served is of the highest quality.
- Develop and introduce the “first in and first out system” for product rotation with a color-coded label system.
- Assist team in cleaning duties of Club areas, kitchen and dishwashing needs, in addition to daily duties.
- Is responsible to ensure that consistent training methods are used and implement an effective apprenticeship program, to train all interested candidates to achieve success in the culinary field, by rotating students and cross training as per the national apprenticeship requirements.
- Must lead team by example and keep a positive atmosphere with in the facility at all times.
- Is responsible to communicate all maintenance concerns and issue work orders to the client’s maintenance team.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of the safe and efficient operation of all equipment in the Food Service area of operations.
- Ensure that all employees of the Team are fully knowledgeable about all equipment and the proper safe use of all kitchen and service equipment.
- Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude in order to provide excellent customer service.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com with F&B Manager in the subject line. We will treat your application with confidentiality.
- Must have a complete understanding of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food service areas of operation, and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products. One must have a complete understanding of WHIMIS and the Hazard Identification Program and apply this knowledge in your day-to-day work.
- Must use as required P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment) where necessary (cut resistant gloves, masks etc.). All employees must supply their own C.S.A. approved NON-SLIP footwear and C.S.A. approved Steel toed boots where required for the position. ADEN Services will provide certain P.P.E. which must be worn as instructed in all areas and environments where required, (such has Safety Goggles and rubber gloves). All employees have the right and the duty to refuse and not participate in any unsafe work practices.
- To ensure the catering venues of each site are operating accordance to QHSE policies and standards of the company.
- Must ensure regular quality checks and audits are performed.
- Ensure high level of personal hygiene and follow the uniform standard set by the company, good health check for each staff, maintain the personal data folder in camp office.
- Assist project manager with emergency planning.
- Cooperate with client; make the EHS audit and monthly health check.
- It is forbidden to use or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol on any project site, all employees are subject to prescreening, random testing and post incident testing. Test failure at any stage will result in removal from site.
- Assist HR management and advise staff, scheduling, recruitment, staff interview, staff monthly appraisal.
- Manage effective communication with clients, staff and ADEN senior management.
- Implement train programs for the new staff in order to make them operational ready as soon as possible (set up training policies)
- Regularly attends Team Meetings.
- Create and maintain marketing information for the catering venues.
Skills & Competencies Required:
- English Required, Chinese considered advantageous
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures
- Ability to provide positive customer service
- Must have current certificates in standard first aid, and WHMIS as well as keeping them updated as needed.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and organizing menus in an ala Carte, buffet, banquet, and institutional formats.
- Position requires knowledge of extensive computer operations, including and not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must have a complete understanding of inventory control and cost control systems.
Education & Experience Required:
- Post Secondary Education in Hotel/Hospitality Management from a recognized institution
- Should have minimum 5 years’ experience as a Hotel or Resort Food and Beverage Manager, managing multi-faced outlets with the ability to train and build a world class team, implementing systems and discipline as well as supervision over food production and overall event management for 1000 people.