- Reporting to the Operations or Project Manager, the Maintenance Manager is accountable to management the maintenance, renovation/restoration and repair programs of multiple sites.
- The sites include accomodations, dining rooms, recreation areas and other buildings that require maintenance.
- Perform all repairs and carry out scheduled maintenance programs as required in order to maintenance each facility in optimal working condition and in accordance with client expectation in the signed Contracts, SOW and company standards, making no amendments without the approval of the ADEN Senior Management.
- Must have detailed technical knowledge on structural/civil, mechanical, electrical engineering systems. • Responsible to maintain facilities systems of all types to include, low/high voltage electrical systems (generator systems), swimming pool systems, and modern HVAC systems.
- Must be able to assess quality issues during final stages of building construction and prepare detailed punch lists for the contractor to complete in addition to setting up the maintenance programs from scratch.
- Perform all leadership duties as a senior member of the management team.
- Lead, manage, teach and coach maintenance teams, including support members, sub-contractors and others as required.
- Create and implement preventative and corrective maintenance standards for all building services, and equipment such as generators, firefighting equipment, boilers, refrigeration, and kitchen equipment.
- Assess and repair all operating facility equipment, canteen equipment and other equipment as required or instructed.
- Perform daily inspections and check lists to ensure all machines work smoothly, keeping them in optimal operating condition.
- Maintain log book on history of all machine recording the counter measures and prevent issue re-occurrence.
- Check and support M&E activities to reduce consumption energy, and costs.
- Work with main contractors, building management on checking, following the maintenance plan, and dealing with all kinds of problems; and report to the manager in case of any problem arising.
- Ensure the fire safety in the workplace.
- Optimize labor at based on SOW and budget requirements.
- Monthly Operations reporting (KPI’s Required by Management)
- Optimize product usage at each site maintaining standardizing material lists.
- Perform regular inspections and ensure presence of staff regularly.
- Maintain operational budgets in accordance with contract SOW.
- Maintain and audit corporate Total Quality Management SOPs and systems at each site.
- To ensure consistent continual improvement scheduling in implemented and follow-up of staff training, records to be kept for each team member.
- Maintain open communication with clients for all major issues and concerns, ensuring good relations with the customer and implement corrective actions to resolve issues.
- To ensure that the right amount of products and the correct equipment are used and applied as according to our contracts.
- Ensure QHSE practices are being implemented with whole camp with daily tool box training and weekly staff meetings, to include HACCP and as well as safe hygiene protocol regulations are strictly followed.
- Regular audit HSE practices at each working areas, to include offices, kitchens, dining rooms, accommodations, laundry, site grounds, etc….
- Ensure all staff maintains high personal hygiene and the uniform standard set by the company.
- It is forbidden to use or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol on any project site, all employees are subject to prescreening, random testing and post incident testing. Test failure at any stage will result in removal from site.
- Assist management and advise staff monthly appraisal.
- Attends regular daily and weekly meetings with departmental teams.
- To coordinate any issues regarding to management between client & Aden Site/Project Manager
- Follow assigned rosters, and staff attendance systems at all sites
- Part III: Reports, Deliverables, Qualifications:
- Report to the Operations Manager / Project Manager, regularly on daily activities, and include material usage, costs, work completed, work planned.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly equipment checklists and log books.
- Understand and implement a CMMS system for managing work flow, work orders, asset management and preventative / corrective maintenance programs.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- English language (written and verbal) required, Chinese would be advantageous
- Advanced level of skill in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, generators, waste & potable water and appliance repair
- Knowledge of health & safety, risk management and MSDS
- A safety mindset and an eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A sharp professional appearance
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and comfort using various technology platforms, apps and computer programs
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Skilled Trade Diploma/Certificate
- 7+ years of experience in facilities and/or residential building maintenance
- 3+ years of management experience
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com with Maintenance Manager in the subject line. We will treat your application with confidentiality.