Summary of Position:
The Warehouse Managers trains and oversees the movements, distribution and storage of food and/or materials in the project. Manage and control of the flow of incoming, outgoing (storage), transfer and reception of products. The warehouse managers oversee warehouse, inventory control, material handling and planning workers activities. They hire, train and evaluate employees. Manages to prepare worker schedules and ensure warehousing and distribution workers follow safety rules. The manager may prepare reports for upper management. Work to improve the efficiency of the company’s supply chain.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best warehouse practice vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Plan, manage and evaluate warehouse operations liaising with internal departments, suppliers, logistics providers, Transport and Catering department.
- Create and implement best warehouse practice principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance.
- Deliver solutions to warehousing problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Resolve problems concerning internal transportation between camps or operational issues.
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements with the help of direct reports.
- Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are in agreement.
- Keep track of slow moving and obsolete stock, with the collaboration of the stock control team.
- Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the warehouse process.
- Interpret trends and analyses and review of data, provide meaningful from all the supply chain.
- Share data to others within the organization to aid catering service and cost improvements.
- Ensure IT systems / ISMS / WMS in place are effective, maintained and accurate.
- Ensure metrics, reports and process documentation is available to the different departments and Management.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Ensure all completed orders are dispatched (on time).
- Ensure products are shipped appropriately between camps to ensure quality of goods during transportation.
- Conduct or review audits for warehouse activities to ensure processes and procedures are as per companies and QHSE rules and regulations.
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Support encourages and develop team
- Proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Good command of oral and written English & Spanish.
- Follow, imply and maintain all ISO 9001 standards and requirements.
- Familiar with Warehouse policy and process with a strong interest for IT and new technologies.
- Warehouse thinking, good sense of system functions/data relevance.
- Self-starter and able to motivate others.
- Must be mentally and physically fit and have the ability to work long periods.
- Should be willing to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Responsive, self-Initiative, drive for result and positive.
- Good planning, organizing, coordinating & documenting capacity.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills and team work.
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles.
- Embraces personal challenge.
- Confident, to take ownership for team cohesion.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience with in the function.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Warehouse & Purchasing Manager in the subject line. We will treat your application with confidentiality.